It’s finally here. Welcome to the first long weekend of summer. On Monday Canadians will celebrate Victoria Day, in honour of Queen Victoria. Monday is a stat holiday and many businesses will be closed. Here is what you need to know about Victoria Day 2016:
- Beer stores & the LCBO
- Government offices
- Most shopping malls (Eaton Centre, Square One & Vaughan Mills will be open)
- Some grocery stores
- Toronto Zoo – (due to the strike)
- There will not be any mail delivery or garbage pickup.
- Go Transit will run on a Sunday schedule
- TTC will run on the holiday schedule.
- Movie theatres
- Bars and restaurants
- Tourist attractions such as the Ontario Science Centre, Canada’s Wonderland and Ripley’s Aquarium.
This weekend Z103.5 kicks off the 103 Days of Summer. Keep it locked on the official radio station of summer.
This is a Wayback Weekend on Z1035.
Photo Credit: Luma Care