Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. This great day is observed annually on February 17th by individuals, groups and organizations nationwide to encourage acts of kindness.
Here are a few simple examples of randomacts of kindness that you could do today:
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Pay a compliment.
- Pay for the coffee of the person in line behind you.
- Say “have a nice day” to a stranger.
- Offer your seat on transit up to a stranger.
- Top up someone’s parking meter.
- If shopping, offer to help carry someone’s grocery bags.
- Bring donuts or snacks for the office.
- Donate money to charity or an individual in need.
- Take a minute to direct someone who is lost
- Help a parent carry a baby stroller up the stairs.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is an internationally recognized non-profit organization founded upon the powerful belief in kindness and dedicated to providing resources and tools that encourage acts of kindness. randomactsofkindness.org/
In New Zealand, where this day originated, celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Day on September 1st. It is also recognized by some on other days throughout the year; however, doing random acts of kindness is something that can be done every day of the year.
Photo Credit: National Day Calendar