For anyone heading down to the U.S. for Black Friday shopping, here is a list of good deals you may want to check out. Some offers are doorcrashers. Arrive early for the best selection. (These are at American locations only).
iPad mini 16GB — Walmart
Apple products are always hot commodities, and this year is no exception. If you’re looking for an iPad mini 16GB with Wi-Fi, you’ll want to head to Wal-Mart at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving. The discount retailer will be selling the tablet for $199 (currently being sold for $219). Plus, you’ll get a free $30 Wal-Mart gift card with your purchase. This doorbuster deal is more appealing because of Wal-Mart’s one-hour guarantee policy. If you arrive at a Wal-Mart location between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., you’ll receive a limited opportunity to purchase the tablet and have it shipped to your store by Christmas, even if quantities sell out.
iPad Air 2 — Best Buy
On Black Friday, you may expect to see larger price cuts on last season’s products, but at Best Buy, you can grab the latest Apple tablet models at a bargain price. All sizes of the recently released iPad mini 3, for example, will be $75 off. For the 16GB version, that’s a sale price of $324.99. As for the iPad Air 2, Best Buy is cutting its price by $100. The 16GB version will be available for $399.99. Best Buy will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, with deals available online as well.
Xbox One — Target
You can snag the 500GB system — which will include Assassin’s Creed Unity and Black Flag digital downloads — for $329.99 (regularly $399.99) from Target. You’ll also receive a free $50 Target gift card with the purchase. Target locations are opening their doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Panasonic 50-inch LED HDTV — Best Buy
When it comes to big-ticket Black Friday electronics, Best Buy has loads of deals. The Panasonic 50-inch Class LED HDTV, for example, will be available for just $199.99. This is a substantial discount, as the TV is currently on sale from Best Buy for $549.99. Best Buy’s doorbusters — including this product — will be available beginning at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving. The retailer will begin handing out tickets for products up to two hours before this time.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 — Kmart or Sam’s Club
Kmart is boasting a Thanksgiving morning doorbuster sale this year on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. You can bring home the tablet for $149.99 (regularly $199.99) beginning at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Plus, if you’re a Kmart member, you’ll receive $20 back in points for your purchase. You can also pick up the tablet for the same low price at warehouse store Sam’s Club. The retailer’s in-store, members-only sale begins at 7 a.m. on Black Friday, but members can begin shopping online a day earlier.
Asus X205-TA Laptop — Staples
One item gaining attention this year is a $99.99 laptop (regularly $249.99) from office supply store Staples. The Windows laptop has an 11.6-inch screen, 2GB RAM and 32GB hard drive. This Asus X205-TA will only be available in-store, not online. Staples will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Samsung Galaxy S5 — RadioShack
Is your phone ready for an upgrade? RadioShack will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 for $0 down with carrier financing or for free (regularly $199.99) with a qualifying two-year plan. This nearly $200 in savings will be available beginning at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving. If you’re one of the first 50 customers in line at a RadioShack location, you’ll also walk away with a pair of free touchscreen gloves that you can use with your new device.
Dyson vacuums — Kohl’s or Sears
Dyson vacuums are a popular Black Friday household item this year. Several retailers have various models of the floor care products on sale. You’ll find especially good deals at Kohl’s, where select models are 30 percent off, and Sears, where select models are $100 to $150 off. Both stores will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition — Target
The GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition camera is one of Target’s doorbusters this year. The adventure-oriented camera will be on sale for $249.99 (originally $299.99). Plus, you’ll receive a $50 Target gift card upon purchase. If you want this camera, get to your local Target early, as quantities are limited. Doors open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Jawbone UP24 — Best Buy
Fitness wristbands and activity trackers are all the rage. This Black Friday, you can get the Jawbone UP24 wristband for $79.99 (regularly $129.99) from Best Buy. Not only is this a savings of $50, but it’s also a better deal than Kohl’s, which will be selling the activity tracker for $99.99. Best Buy’s doors open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, but deals will also be available online.
DVDs — Wal-Mart
Sure, you’ll probably spend Black Friday crossing off the big items from your list, but don’t forget about picking up some stocking stuffers, too. In Wal-Mart’s Thanksgiving Day sale beginning at 6 p.m., there will be hundreds of discounted movie titles to choose from. The selection includes over 214 DVDs for $1.96 each and over 113 Blu-ray discs for $3.96 each.
Toys — Toys R Us
Regardless of the toy you (or your child) may be eyeing, you’ll likely find it at Toys R Us. The retailer is selling over 200 doorbusters this year, and a variety of toys will be 50 percent off. Toys R Us will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Thursday – (U.S. Thanksgiving Day):
- 6am: Kmart
- 7am: Big Lots, Dollar General
- 8am: Family Dollar, RadioShack
- 4pm: Michael’s, Old Navy, hhgregg
- 5pm: Toys R Us, JCPenney, Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- 6pm: Walmart, Macy’s, Sears, Kohl’s, Target, Belk, Staples, Sports Authority, Victoria’s Secret, Office Depot/OfficeMax
- 12am: GameStop,
- 5am: Home Depot, Lowe’s
- 6am: Big Lots, Staples, Sports Authority, Victoria’s Secret
- 7am: PetSmart, Michaels, T.J. Maxx, Sam’s Club, Marshalls, hhgregg
- 8am: RadioShack, Best Buy, Banana Republic, Office Depot/OfficeMax
- 9am: Costco
Most retailers that are opening on Thanksgiving will remain open overnight. Here’s some more information on the schedules for each retailer:
- Best Buy: Open 5pm to 1am on Thanksgiving. Will reopen 8am on Black Friday and close at 10pm.
- Costco: Open 9am Black Friday
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Open 5pm Thanksgiving Day
- Dollar General: Open 7am to 7pm on Thanksgiving. Will reopen on Black Friday.
- GameStop: Open 12am Black Friday
- Home Depot: Open 5am to 10pm Black Friday
- JCPenney: Open 5pm Thanksgiving Day to 11pm Black Friday
- Kohl’s: Open 6pm Thanksgiving Day to midnight Black Friday
- Lowe’s: Open 5am Black Friday
- Macy’s: Open 6pm Thanksgiving Day to 10pm Black Friday
- Marshalls: Open 7am Black Friday
- Office Depot/OfficeMax: Open 6pm to 9pm on Thanksgiving. Will reopen at 8am on Black Friday.
- Old Navy: Open 4pm Thanksgiving Day to 11pm Black Friday.
- PetSmart: Open 7am Black Friday
- RadioShack: Open 8am to noon on Thanksgiving. Will reopen 8am on Black Friday.
- Sam’s Club: Open 7am Black Friday
- Sears: Open 6pm Thanksgiving Day to 10pm Black Friday
- Sports Authority: Open 6pm to 12am Thanksgiving. Will reopen 6am Black Friday.
- Staples: Open 6pm to 10pm on Thanksgiving. Will reopen 6am on Black Friday.
- Target: Open 6pm Thanksgiving to midnight Black Friday
- Toys R Us: Open 5pm Thanksgiving Day to 11pm Black Friday
- Victoria’s Secret: Open 6pm to 1am on Thanksgiving. Will reopen 6am on Black Friday.
- Walmart: Open 6pm Thanksgiving through Black Friday