The special weather statement continues for
- Halton Hills – Milton
- Mississauga – Brampton
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
- Newmarket – Georgina – Northern York Region
- Pickering – Oshawa – Southern Durham Region
- Uxbridge – Beaverton – Northern Durham Region
- Vaughan – Richmond Hill – Markham
Poor travel conditions in snow and local blowing snow becoming more widespread by Tuesday.
Periods of snow spread into most areas today and will continue through Tuesday. The snow will begin in areas to the northeast of Toronto tonight.
Northeast winds gusting to 50 km/h are expected to develop later this evening and shift to gusty northerly winds Tuesday resulting in localized blowing snow. Poor travel conditions are expected.
With temperatures forecast to be near minus 10 tonight and Tuesday, even some salted surfaces may be slippery. Furthermore, wind chill values near minus 20 are expected.
Snow will taper to scattered flurries early Wednesday as the low pressure system moves away.
Photo: Muskoka411 / ERG