Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
- Burlington – Oakville
- Halton Hills – Milton
- Mississauga – Brampton
- Barrie – Collingwood – Hillsdale
- Midland – Coldwater – Orr Lake
- Orillia – Lagoon City – Washago
- Newmarket – Georgina – Northern York Region
- Pickering – Oshawa – Southern Durham Region
- Uxbridge – Beaverton – Northern Durham Region
- Vaughan – Richmond Hill – Markham
Haliburton is under a tornado watch
Be prepared for changing weather.
Damaging wind gusts and torrential downpours giving rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm are the main threats.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
Photo Credit: Muskoka411