Weather advisory in effect for:
- Newmarket – Georgina – Northern York Region
- Pickering – Oshawa – Southern Durham Region
- Uxbridge – Beaverton – Northern Durham Region
- Vaughan – Richmond Hill – Markham
- Barrie – Collingwood – Hillsdale
- Midland – Coldwater – Orr Lake
- Orillia – Lagoon City – Washago
- Bracebridge – Gravenhurst
- Huntsville – Baysville
- Port Carling – Port Severn
- Town of Parry Sound – Rosseau – Killbear Park
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
Scattered thunderstorms are expected this afternoon and early evening across Southern Ontario.
Some of the thunderstorms will bring dime sized hail, wind gusts to 70 km/h and frequent lightning.
Funnel clouds may also make a brief appearance this afternoon in this unseasonably cool and unstable air mass.
Thunderstorms are expected to dissipate this evening.
These types of funnel clouds are generated by weak rotation under rapidly growing clouds or weak thunderstorms. This weak rotation is normally not a danger near the ground. However, there is a chance that this rotation could intensify and become a weak landspout tornado.
Treat any funnel cloud sighting seriously. Should a funnel cloud develop nearby, prepare to take shelter. These funnel clouds usually appear with little or no warning.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #ONStorm.
Photo Credit WBNS