There’s some big events happening in Toronto this weekend. You might want to give yourself some extra time if you’re going into the city. Here’s what’s going on:
Taste of the Danforth
- 24th Annual
- 1.65 million people are expected to attend.
- Danforth Avenue will be closed from Broadview Avenue to Jones Avenue from Friday at 10 a.m. to Monday at 3 a.m.
- Pape Avenue will be closed from Lipton Avenue to Hazelwood Avenue from Friday at 6 p.m. to Monday, at 3 a.m.
- Logan Avenue will be closed from Garnock Avenue to the north side of the laneway north of Danforth Avenue from Thursday at 3 p.m. to Monday at 3 a.m.
Feast of St. Lawrence
- More than 150 vendors will be taking part in the Feast of St. Lawrence, which runs Friday – Sunday night.
- Front Street East will be closed from Scott Street to Church Street from Friday at 9 a.m. to Saturday at 2 a.m.
- Market Street will be closed from Front Street to Wilton Street from 5 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Saturday
- TTC Buses on the 121 Fort York-Esplanade route will be on diversion as a result of the road closures for the Feast of St. Lawrence. On Friday, eastbound buses will divert via Yonge, King and Church Streets while westbound buses will operate along their usual route. On Saturday, eastbound buses will divert via Front and Lower Jarvis Streets while westbound buses will divert via Lower Jarvis, Front and Wellington Streets.
- And last but not least, there will be no subway service between Sheppard West & St. George on Saturday & Sunday due to ongoing signal work.
- Shuttle buses will only be running between Sheppard West and Lawrence West stations due to numerous construction projects along the line.